Enjoy more Best Smooth Jazz with host Rod Lucas from London England. (28th Sep 2013). Hear the Soft Smooth Jazz from 5 decades. New music this week includes the new LP from Aaron Bing. Chill to some of the smoothest cool vibes anywhere. Saxophone, piano, Spanish Guitar and trumpet grooves. Best Smooth Jazz is weekly iTunes podcast and TV show.See show page: http://BestSmoothJazz.com -- On line Stream http://BSJ.FM (&iTunes) Audio Podcasts: http://SmoothJazzExtra.com
You Tube Best Smooth Jazz Fair Usage Claim Legal Notice by Rod Lucas Owner
Best Smooth Jazz is a 'not for profit' radio program from London UK that features the Smooth Jazz genre. This video is fair use under U.S. copyright law because it is noncommercial and transformative in nature, uses no more of the original than necessary, and has no negative effect on the market for the original work." The show promotes Smooth Jazz and the artist recordings featured in it. I also pay PRS&PPL music authority music royalties worldwide. So artists get paid for the music featured.
The commercial free program claims "Fair usage " (copyright law EU/USA) of all musical works featured by;
1) changing the original form (transforming) of musical works by the host thus changing their original form.
2) pre-viewing&reviewing items played&commenting on them expanding and enhancing the original material.
3) creating added value for the art form used either new and older works.
4) alerting the audience to new works by new artists and informing younger listeners to older material featured on Best Smooth Jazz. Educating people to the genre of Smooth Jazz over the world.
5) promoting the art form of Smooth Jazz and supporting new artists by exposing their talent in a restricted broadcast market world-wide.
6) exposing these musical works BSJ helps artists, record companies&music publishers by creating more sales.
7) criticizing, commenting and reporting on items played. Also by teaching for scholarship&research into items used.
8) playing only a selected track from the featured work thus only featuring a glimpse of the whole work of the copyright holder.
9) improving the market for the original work for people to buy the featured wiorks.
10) making Best Smooth Jazz not for profit and commercial free.
11) not making tracks available to be download by audience in whole or part.
12) making the musical works transformative in nature
13) adding educational value to the work providing more information related to the musical work
14) more-over playing this video on a mobile device (where it is currently blocked) is also fair use as there are no legal distinctions between PC's or mobile devices under US copyright law.
15) by only featuring the music audio track not video
16) by 'talking over' parts of the selected track, thus transforming the work with comment and reviewing. Thus not taking away the need for the listener to seek and buy the original form of the recording used and thus does not harm the potential market of the original
17) the Best Smooth Jazz show could actually have a very positive effect on the market for the original song by serving as free advertising and motivating people to go out and buy the song.
Many Smooth Jazz artists have little or no exposure and thus Smooth Jazz is niche, not main stream music . 'Best Smooth Jazz' improves the market of the original work and can only help the record companies and interested parties to gain sales by the reviews and exposure 'Best Smooth Jazz' brings these new and older works.
By association and precedence, many copyright holders have chosen to advertize on the Best Smooth Jazz You Tube account rather than take down these popular programs with a DMCA notice.
The show is also Licensed by PRS&PPL (UK/Europe)
I believe this non for profit show meets the "Fair Use" clause as set out.
Best Smooth Jazz -- London.
Rod Lucas (host and owner )2013